Tuesday 21 June 2016

What's on my Kindle........?

So, where have I been and what have I been up to? Yup, you guessed it from the title, I've been reading. 

My friends and I went to see "Me before You" at the cinema the other weekend which meant I just had to read the book again. Yes I had previously read it quite a while ago and couldn't wait to see the film when I heard that it was being made into a film. However, before I could read it again I had to finish the book I was already reading.

The last book I read (before re-reading Me before You) was called The Secret of Happy Ever After by Lucy Dillon. This was the third book I read by Lucy and they were all part of the Longhampton Series. This was the only one I'd read for the first time. It was good but not quite as good as the other two but I can't take anything away from it, it was a nice easy read.

The first one I read of the series was called A Hundred Pieces of Me. This was the second time I'd read it and I have to say it was as good as the first time.  It is a very inspiring book although it is also sad. If you have never read it, I would truly recommend it. I do not want to give too much of the storyline away but if you want me to do a proper review let me know šŸ˜Š

The second one of the series I read, well I say series, they aren't really a follow on, just set in the same place and a couple of the characters appear briefly in this one that did in the first.  This was called One Small Act of Kindness. Again a heartwarming book which kept me reading for the second time.  Again don't want to give too much away but let me know if you want more details.

So, then onto Me before You.  Well, what can I say? The second time of reading was as good as the first.  Was the film true to the book? Yes it was, although there was a lot missed out of the film and after reading the book again, I realised how much more I enjoyed the book. I would still recommend seeing the film though.  Some people are film watchers, I am a book reader who enjoys watching films. Maybe it's because reading gives me a chance to step away from real life, use my imagination to picture all the characters and the settings. Take me away to a world so far beyond my own life.  That might sound poncy, but sometimes I need to be taken away from the struggles of being a single parent. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of highs that also go along with it, but a lot of the time it is a struggle and a worry. No one to share things with, good or bad, but the best for all of us.

Anyway, if you want me to write more of a review about the books or anything I've read recently please let me know.  I have read a lot of books ! Mostly easy to read chic-ish books, I don't want anything too heavy keeping me awake at night šŸ˜€ I also re read books, not straight away but after a few months or even a year. I do this if I have really enjoyed something, or I need to read but funds are too tight at that moment to buy a book.  Does anyone else do this? A friend of mine says she never re reads a book.

I have to admit, I am a kindle person. I used to read real books, but having the option of on demand reading, being able to have a load of books in one little device and  that you don't have to go to the shop to get the book, is really appealing and I'd say my kindle is one of the best things I have ever treated myself too. In fact I have two ! One is an old paper white type one before they did them with a back light. This is great for reading in the garden as you can read it in the sun as the pages are like paper, it's very clever.  I then treated myself to a kindle fire when they came out, well, probably about a year after they came out when they went down in price.

So, I feel I have kept you long enough and I'm sorry if I have bored you !

See you later Doodlebugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment