Saturday 30 January 2016

It's been a while.....

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged. What have I been up to?! Been a bit busy you see. I've had two cracking nights out and have another one tonight. Nights out for me are like buses, you wait ages for one then they all come at once!

Night out number one was seeing my friends band, always a brilliant night. Us girls (the wags!!) get together and have a cracking time watching the boys play.  We have a boogie and a few drinks and generally have a good laugh. This was the night it snowed. We only had a sprinkling really but we were shocked when we looked out the window at about quarter past eleven to see a white car park. We made it home ok though thank god.  The next day we all went out for breakfast then my friend and I went to a local cafe/restaurant/farm shop. One of our favourite places to visit for a cuppa and a chat. (Yes I know we spent the whole evening together the night before but there is always something to chat about is there not!!) They have a butchers section and I managed to get some really good priced chicken breasts.  I split them up and froze them. They will keep us going for a while. As they are such a good size and quality two feeds all a three of us.

Night number two was to see another band at a local bar with a different group of friends. My crazy pal (meant in the nicest possible way 😊) brought along a surprise guest (her hubby!) I also met her mother who is an absolute cracking lady and a few people I didn't know. Her mum boogied all night bless her, I know when my friend gets it from. As well as the band, a chap did a fill in spot in between the band.  Oh my god he was fantastic. He got the crowd going. His name was Lauran Luke. If you ever get the chance to see him if he is playing in a pub near you, snap up the chance, you won't be disappointed. 

Now, I am a people watcher and there is no better place to watch people than on a night out. I am not a great dancer by any means but when you see others dancing, sometimes it makes me ok with how I dance. The first night out there was a girl, now call me old if you like, but when she danced she was on the verge of flashing her undercrackers to everyone!  She clearly knew what she was doing with how she was dancing, but I've got to admit none of us could stop watching her and cringing !! The second night out there was a girl in a winter coat and scarf, jeans and trainers and she was doing some random dance and then get kinda bunny hopping in the middle of it.  Again we couldn't stop watching. I don't really know how to describe it but we did have a snigger to ourselves. Another bloke just kinda swayed and some girl did some crazy arm dancing, I have no idea what that was all about!! I'm sure when I dance people also laugh at me. Please don't be offended by what I've said, there is nothing funnier than people watching.  I'm sure you all have, but if you have never done it, I recommend you give it a go. It can keep you entertained for hours. Of course there are those that really can dance and there's nothing better than watching someone who can really move to music.

I wonder what tonight's night out will bring? I am out with my other friend to see the band again. I have to admit I prefer their kinda music, (I am a rock chick at heart but find it difficult to turn down the opportunity to see any band)  back with the wags, well they are wags, I'm not but that didn't stop them making me an honory member of the wag brigade. I only knew my friend initially when I went along but they took me into their fold and for that I am forever grateful. I feel I have made some good friends in them over the 6 years, (is it really 6yrs??!) that I have known them.  I don't get to go to every gig they do because primarily I am a mummy but i go whenever I can. It might also be a sad night as the band is unfortunately splitting up. Some of the guys have other commitments like inconsiderably jobs that is causing them to have to take a break for a while. Us girls have vowed to stay in contact though, in fact we have already booked a spa day at the end of Feb that we are looking forward to.  We went to different spa for my friends 40th in October and we enjoyed it so much we are doing it again but somewhere different. I wonder if we will spot any celebs........ I'll let you know once we've been.

Crikey this has been a long ramble, sorry to keep you all from the important stuff you should be doing or maybe you have enjoyed a break for a few mins.

Toddle pip for now doodlebugs xx

Ps I've changed the blog site I use as I was having real problems trying to blog on the other ones app as opposed to having to get the laptop out. Let me know which one you prefer 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment