Tuesday 5 January 2016

Back to life, back to reality.....


So, today we went back to work, school and college,  what a shock to the system getting up early, particularly for the kids - I went back to work for a couple of days in between Christmas and New Year but still a shock.

The day started at 6.55am getting everyone up, breakfast, cups of tea, showers, out the door.... Drop Teen2 at bus stop then Teen1 at college and get me to work on time for 9am, a task in itself.  I now have to make the pack ups the night before as I just cannot get myself out of bed and everyone out the door on time!  Although, in saying that, the cat woke me at 1.30am (God knows why, there seemed no reason for it) and then she was back again at 5.10am to which I got up and sent her outside. Cruel? Maybe, but I need my sleep ! I didn't actually manage to get back to sleep just tossed and turned until my alarm went off. In fact, that little story reminds me of a pic I saw on Facebook of a cat with the caption, "Meowed until human woke, didn't want anything, just bored !"  About sums her up really.


 Pic courtesy of Cats are Awesome Facebook Page.

I left work - I have the luxury of being able to leave work at 3pm, I say luxury, I don't get a lunch break - went to pick up the kids news phones (their contracts had come to an end so due an upgrade) then popped to the shop to pick up something for tea, dropped it all home then went straight back out again to pick Teen1 up from college. (Teen2 gets a school bus luckily). I then helped the kids set up their new phones and then cooked tea. Phew, I feel exhausted just typing it! A lad at work said to me the other day I wish I worked your hours (I work 30hrs even though I leave at 3pm), until I explained that actually I don't really "clock off" until the kids are in bed, he soon backtracked bless him.

So, it's like Christmas again in our house tonight, both kids excited by their new phones, I am taking advantage and getting a few minutes peace to be able to tell you about our day. The cat is out, she was out all day while we were at work etc, came in and ate, had a little nap and has now gone back out. I am hoping the fresh air will help her sleep tonight haha. We have only had her for a few months after she turned up one day in our garden one day, so we are still on a learning curve with her. If anyone has any tips on how to get her to sleep in, please, please do share them !

Teen2 has just announced she needs to do homework so the new phone has left her hand briefly while she goes off to do it.

So, the day will soon be coming to an end, a busy one at that. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.......



No comments:

Post a Comment